April through October are commonly known as the popular wedding months. Now why do the following cold weather months get such a bad rap? Here are some serious bonuses as to why November-March are tops on the list for wedding potential:
1. Free decorations! We personally got married on December 30th, aka New Year's Eve Eve. Our venue for our reception was at a restaurant and was completely decked out. There was no need to purchase centerpieces or fancy table cloths. Everything was already set and ready to go for the Christmas season.
2. Potential discounts and greater vendor availability. Because most couples are planning their wedding for a peak month between April and October, it's not uncommon for vendors to offer deals to increase their work load during the slower season. If you play it smart, you can get some great deals off of your venue or photography, for example. You also run a lower risk of that vendor having your day already taken, if during the slower season.
3. Family availability. Most people travel during the summer for vacation. This can often limit the guests that will be in attendance for your big day. And just think how much your friends and family will be loving you if you provide a February break-away to the beach for your destination wedding.
4. V is for Vanity. Let's be honest, ladies. Who really enjoys getting all primped for your big day, just to have all of your makeup melting off as soon as you walk out of the air conditioning. Not to mention the unique wedding dress designs and accessories you can get to accommodate the cooler weather.
5. Holiday music! A favorite feature of this time of year is often the holiday music. For lovers of this season and all the trimmings, adding beloved holiday tunes to your ceremony or reception can give a festive flare to your event. Instead of walking down the aisle to the traditional Canon in D, imagine the twist of featuring Christmas Canon, as made famous by Trans Siberian Orchestra.
The moral of the story here is this: don't be afraid to think outside of the standard wedding season box. By being a little unconventional, you can get some big pay offs that will make this special day uniquely yours.